Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Welcome to Auntie Sue's World, otherwise known as a peek into my strange and individual head...

Who:
Sue Klasen, Evangelical Christian wife and mother of two grown children, a daughter who is a tattoo artist and a son who is brilliant and an adult disabled child due to Tourette's Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. Married to a wonderful, patient husband of 26 years, who also happens to have Multiple Sclerosis. Daughter to a 91 year old adorable dad, who lives with us.
Aunt to many wonderful people, some by marriage, some by informal adoption.
Living with a non-malignant brain tumor and the many effects of brain surgery, radiation treatment and 12 medications equaling 23 pills per day. Adopted at birth by the most wonderful parents a kid could hope for.
Definite pet lover, in our home we currently have two dogs, a snake, two rats and a hedgehog. (but that could change at any time!)

What:
A place to clear my head. There is a chance that no one outside of my family will read this, and I'm fine with that. Like so many, I'm a Facebook junkie but often have too many words & thoughts to fit in the little box. 
I don't have a theme, because like most people, there are SO many themes in my life that I couldn't pick just one. Because I am not always capable of reading or especially writing well, my kids will read thru posts and make any needed corrections they notice before I publish it, BUT, I am talking about spelling & such, NEVER about my opinions!

When:
Whenever. Not sure if this will be a weekly, monthly, hourly thing. Just don't know. There are days when I am feeling better and write a bunch of notes & ideas and then don't think about it again for days or weeks. There are also days when I make tons of notes only to look at them the next day and realize I can't even read them all let alone figure out the point I was trying to make... like I said, whenever.

Where:
Site is auntiesuesworld.blogspot.com
As for atually posting...probably in my bed...
but, we live in an 78 year old home in Elgin, Illinois (for now).

Why:
Because I have to. There is too much clutter in my head & some of it needs to get out of my head and into yours! (insert evil giggle here!) I'm sure that some things I post will be offensive to some people, if not, then I'm probably not being honest enough. We are all different and have had different experiences so there will always be different opinions. If you think I'm wrong, please, feel free to let me know. I am always willing to listen to different ideas & opinions, but I warn you, do your homework, I will ask questions!!

I have been thinking about doing this for several years, but always put it off because of fear. Fear of not being able to keep up with it. Fear of posting something really stupid on a bad brain day. Fear of offending or hurting people I care about. Fear of thinking of an idea and posting it before I realize I already hit that subject. Lots & lots of fear. But thanks to my kids, who always end up helping me along the way and to Chris & Paula, who did a great job getting their sites up, which inspired me, I'm going to give it a shot.

Auntie Sue's Prayer of the Day- Father God, there are so many people I know going thru so many hard and stressful situations. I pray that you will always show Yourself clearly and that we may all recognize Your will and follow it. In the name of Jesus I pray this. Amen.

Praise of the Day- Thank You Lord for getting my nephew to Texas safely. I thank You for giving him the faith and strength to follow Your plans for him. Amen.

Wishing you a Happy & Healthy time until we get together again,
Auntie Sue

2 comments: